Friday, September 01, 2006

Cute animals from Germany


As you probably guessed, if you read regularly my blog, I’m interested in stamps about fauna. Even though my main collection is focused on frogs and toads, I’m always happy to get nice stamps picturing any type of animals. So you can imagine my pleasure when I got yesterday this set of stamps from Germany. I really find them cute. This is a set of stamps issued the 8th of June 2006 in the yearly series “Für die Jungend” (For the youth). I love the one with the young wild boars. I think these stamps must give a very nice result when put on a cover.
 
Speaking about fauna stamps, I have discovered a new blog, the blog of Richard (http://ricphila.blogspot.com/) , who is also a French philatelist and who is specializing in birds stamps. Have a look to his blog, and don’t worry, it is in English ;-)

No comments: