Monday, August 07, 2006

Pablo Casals

To start this new week I’d like to show the most recent stamp issued by French post. It has been issued the 31st of July and commemorates the 130th anniversary of the birth of Pau Carles Salvador Casals i Defillo, more commonly known as Pablo Casals. He was a very famous cello player and he is best remembered for the recording of Bach’s Cello suites that he made between 1936 and 1939. Pablo Casals was born in Spain in 1876, but he lived part of his life in France because he was opposed to Franco regime.
I chose this stamp because I like it a lot. It is a very beautiful stamp and I think it is a very nice tribute to this great musician.
I take this opportunity to say that if you are interested in any French stamp (recent or older ones) don’t hesitate to let me know. I’ll try to get it for you. I’m always happy to exchange stamps with people from all over the world.

No comments: