Thursday, August 03, 2006

New issues from Belgium

I’m back from my short holidays. I have had six wonderful days. When I arrived back home yesterday evening I got the surprise to find several very nice covers in my mail box. I will definitely show some of them on my blog in the next days. I also got in my email box some nice emails from readers of my blog. Thanks for that. I’ll answer as soon as I can.I also got information from the Belgian post about the next stamp issues. I had almost forgotten that I had subscribed on their philatelic website to get information about the new issues. I’m impressed by the quality of their communication : they sent an email with a lot of technical details about the stamps to be issued in the next three months, and attached to the mail there was a scan of each stamp. I selected one, that is going to be issued the 25th of September 2006. It is a definitive self-adhesive stamp (issued in booklet) picturing a Rembrandt tulip. I chose this one because it has been designed by André Buzin (cf my previous post “Do you know André Buzin”). André Buzin does not only design birds stamps but also the flowers definitive Belgian stamps.

No comments: