Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Cover from Chile

I spent four hours last night fighting with my PC in order to update this bloody anti virus software but I managed to find few minutes to scan some of the covers I have received last week during my holidays so that I can share them with you.
This one comes from Chile. This is the first time I get some mail from Chile, so I was very happy. The postmark is not very very clear, but the letter comes from Conception (I like blue postmarks. I don’t know why but I prefer them to the standard black ones). The stamps are rather large ones. The one on the right has been issued the 5th of Octorber 1999 and commemorates CISAC 2000, the world congress of authors and composers that was held in Santiago from the 24th to the 27th of September 2000. The stamp pictures the logo of the congress. The stamp on the left was issued in 2001 and commemorates the 75th anniversary of the international rotary of Antofagasta. The design of the stamp is a little bit dense, it shows a lot of different things such as the map of Chile (the red dotted line on the map is the tropic of Capricorn), the rotary logo, but also the natural arch of Antofagasta, one of the few natural “monuments” that are included among the protected area of Chile.

No comments: