Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cover from Nepal


Last weekend I was very happy because I got my first cover from Nepal ! I had never received any mail from this country before, so I decided to show it to you. I have put the recto and the verso since the stamps are all on the verso. The overall condition is rather good, even if the cover is a little bit stained on some parts. On the recto there is only the addresses and the registration number. On the verso there are ten stamps ! I have no information on the stamps on the top. I have to check my Scott catalog and I did not find time yet to do it. The eight identical other stamps have been issued the 20th of August 2005 and they picture Her Majesty Queen Mother Ratna Rajya Laxmi Devi Shah, the queen mother of Nepal. The postmark is not really readable, but the cover comes from Katmandu. In the cover there were also two souvenir sheets from Nepal that I will surely show you in a future post. They are quite interesting. I’m going to send back some French new issues in exchange.

No comments: